I currently have over a dozen tween books sitting neatly on my nightstand (or rather, in an uneven stack tilting awkwardly toward my fat, black cat Ares). These are just a handful of books that I am hoping to read this Winter. I tend to check out more than I have time to read, but in my philosophy, it’s better to have more than not have enough to read!
A majority of these reading choices come from award winning lists, recommended reads from my librarian friends, or are just some current popular choices amongst the tweens at my library. I am especially excited to Liesl & Po and Breadcrumbs. Most of these books are fantasy and adventure, with a few realistic and nonfiction mixed in. What’s on your nightstand? Any good tween ‘must-read’ books?
- The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens
- A World Without Heroes (Beyonders) by Brandon Mull
- Hothead : a novel by Cal Ripken
- The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman by Meg Wolitzer
- Amelia Lost : the life and disappearance of Amelia Earhart by Candace Fleming
- True– sort of by Katherne Hannigan
- Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver
- City of Orphans by Avi
- Secrets at sea : a novel by Richard Peck
- The Cheshire Cheese cat : a Dickens of a tale by Carmen Agra Deedy
- Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
- The Chronicles of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg
- Close to Famous by Joan Bauer